Linus Torvalds has released the first stable Linux kernel update of 2020, Linux 5.5 – and it’s on schedule despite the worries that downtime over the holidays would have an impact on its release. The Linux 5.5 kernel update (dubbed “Kleptomaniac Octopus”) brings a host of performance tweaks as well as support for devices like the Raspberry Pi 4 and Broadcom chip BCM2711.
There are multiple conspiracy theory on Corona breakout. Here are my views. My views are personal and possibilities, may not be real.
- Naturally mutant virus – The virus was not detected before like chicken pox or polio and detected after decades of advanced science. Certainly in China people use lot of meat and should have been detected before. One possibility is virus became mutant naturally to infect humans. Till now may be hidden in spreading only in animals.
- Artificially mutant virus
- Biological warfare by US – After US trade war to bring down China, possibilities of a biological attack. Biological attack is hard to detect. Based on how CIA changed the world, anything is possible.
- Biological warfare by China – Could have been used against its own people on a small scale to divert from current Hong kong tensions. But went out of control.
- Escaped from lab – The virus was created and escaped through someone who didn’t follow the safety procedure or someone purposefully took it out without detecting.
You can use the logger tool. The simple command to log is
logger My syslog message from console.
Sometimes you may find lot of characters trncated due to 80×25 tty size by default. Especially when you want to open some log files. Below command will help to set the row and column size.
stty cols 132 rows 34
will set the column width to 132 and rows 34.
Screen command benefits
- Can be used to launch multiple shells from a single SSH session.
- Detach and re-attach from multiple ssh session.
- Running process which can take more time and need session to be kept alive.
- To keep the session alive without any network disruptions.
The command to create a screen session is
screen -t <screen name> -S <socket file name>
To detach a screen session
ctrl+a + d
To list the screen sessions
To reattach the screen session
screen -r <pid from list>
The file /etc/SuSE-release contains the SuSE version and patch level.
This file is deprecated now and you can use /etc/os-release to find the details
To set tab stop and auto indent open ~/.vimrc
filetype plugin indent on
" show existing tab with 4 spaces width
" when indenting with '>', use 4 spaces width
" On pressing tab, insert 4 spaces set expandtab